Saturday, March 14, 2009

Christian

As I was reading through Matthew 5 I came across some pretty revolutionary ideas starting in verse 20. I am thinking Jesus was getting some pretty dirty looks on the sermon on the mount because what he said pretty much defied human nature. From verse 20 - 48 Christ tells us that anger without cause is murder, calling someone a fool or Raca (empty-headed) could induce hell fire, He tells us to make things right with each other before giving to God, if you lust after someone it is adultry, do not swear (not cussing, but I swear such and such happened), turn the other cheek (cliche in regards to Christianity, but we do not really meditate on it), give more than is expected, go further than expected, and chapter 5 is wrapped up with the talk of loving your enemies. No wonder the pharisees and scribes did not like him, verse 46 says, "For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans (tax collectors) the same?" I am thinking the pharisees and scribes were not exactly enjoying being thrown in the same loop as the tax collectors, there is no doubt that they were guilty of at least some of these.

It seems as though very early on Christ made some enemies to be loved. If I were there I would probably not be entirely thrilled with his "little" speech

Until Next Time
KF

No comments:

Post a Comment